In every part of the country, foundations of all sizes are teaming with public agencies to leverage philanthropy’s intellectual, community, and financial capital to achieve positive change. Members of the Council on Foundations are leading these public-philanthropic partnerships. Share your experience and we’ll create a Partnership Profile for you.
Partnership Profile Collection
Browse and read Partnership Profiles that document public-philanthropic partnerships in urban, suburban, and rural communities. Small, medium, and large foundations have partnered with local, county, state, and federal agencies. Learn what it took to make these partnerships work and read lessons learned.
- Community Foundations
- Read about 20 community foundations that have partnered with the public sector: ”Community Foundations: Snapshots of Public-Philanthropic Partnerships”
- Independent Foundations (Share your experience to get the Partnership Profile Collection started.)
- Corporate Grantmakers (Share your experience to get the Partnership Profile Collection started.)
- Family Philanthropy (Share your experience to build the Partnership Profile Collection.)
- Public Foundations (Share your experience to build the Partnership Profile Collection.)
National public-philanthropic partnerships:
- The Council’s role in the National Fund for Workforce Solutions.
- Subscribe to “National Fund Works,” the National Fund’s month newsletter.
Federal agencies with offices and programs focused on philanthropic collaboration.
Department of Housing and Urban Development
- Office for International and Philanthropic Innovation
- Information on HUD grant programs for interested partners and stakeholders
- Philanthropic Contact
- Department of Education website about its grant programs, including published data sets and performance
- Investing in Innovation
- Promise Neighborhoods
Corporation for National and Community Service